- Started Pipeline and Pool, some experiments in composing NSOperations.
- Changed the engine oil in Slug .
- Went to the Calgary Stampede.
- Went to the farm and didn’t pick weeds in the garden because there weren’t any!
- How to Bake Pi: An Edible Exploration of the Mathematics of Mathematics
- The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking
- Heroes: Mass Murder and Suicide
This is unsettling for some people; to accept hacking as a personal exercise of one’s individual right to control, means accepting a shift in power dynamics. Hacking was seen as something that “gets done to you”. Now, it’s more clear that hacking is something “you just do” if you want to maximize what you get out of the stuff you buy, or the systems you participate in.
The job of critical designers is to be thorns in the side of politicians and industrialists.