In no particular order:
- Made the first, but not last, batch of ramen
- Went skating, twice!
- Subscribed to tor-talk list, joined #tor and #tor-dev. I’m not yet sure if I’ll stick with IRC channels, but the listmail is a good summary of what’s going in with Tor.
- Added a hidden service for my personal site: g7ielqfyazy3n6nt.onion.
- Installed Ubuntu and ownCloud on a 1G AppleTV (lol, really) to try to replace Dropbox for my personal use.
- Configured my home and work emails in mutt, and then realized work uses an html signature. Nobody’s complained yet.
- Installed mpd and ncmpcpp for listening to podcasts, which get pulled in with bashpodder.
- Created a GPG key (with the help of Thoughtbot and Justin) and then replaced the one I forgot I had on Keybase
Copyright is alive and well—as an industrial regulation.
– “Information Doesn’t Want to Be Free: Laws for the Internet Age” by Cory Doctorow
Institutions will try to preserve the problem to which they are the solution.
- Ribbonfarm: Don’t Surround Yourself With Smarter People
- Slate Star Codex: A Thrive/Survive Theory Of The Political Spectrum